Summer Break Internships
Cal Teach offers paid summer internships ($13.00 per hour) working with K–12 students at leading Bay Area non-profit organizations. Through these programs, interns work with K–12 students, and sometimes teachers, in summer activities that focus on math, science, and engineering.
We offer a wide variety of internships and duties vary, however most involve some combination of planning math or science activities, mentoring and tutoring students, developing and implementing curriculum, and leading lessons.
2017 Summer Opportunities
Click for job descriptions and details:
- Riparian Lab in Richmond, CA
- STEM Program Intern at Bay Area Discovery Museum*
- Science Day Camp Leader at CuriOdyssey*†
- LHS STEM Camp Leader
- UC Botanical Garden Camp Educator
- *Reliable transportation required
- † Funded by CuriOdyssey
Positions are open until filled.
To apply, email both your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com with the subject of your email "Position Title - YOUR LAST NAME"
- Continuing as a UC Berkeley undergraduate in Fall Semester.
- US Citizen or permanent resident.
- Majoring or intending to major in a science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM) discipline.
- Prospective or current Cal Teach student.
- Interest in math or science education preferred.
Cal Teach works a number of excellent non-profits focused on math and science education. Recent internships have included placements with these organizations:
- California Academy of Sciences
- Lawrence Hall of Science
- Oakland Zoo
- Bay Area Discover Museum
- The Watershed Project
Our five-course minor is designed to be completed along side your STEM (science, technology, engineering, or math) degree.
Students who complete the minor are eligible to apply for the Cal Teach Credential program, a unique opportunity to graduate with both a degree and a teaching credential.